Sunday, April 27, 2014

Am I always starting over?

 
I've had a lot on my mind recently and so I decided I'd make a blog post. I know I haven't made a post in forever and even though this is an art blog I am going to try to use this as a place to get my feelings out every once in a while because keeping them bubbled up isn't helping me.

Since this is an art blog, I will start with my art. It is becoming harder and harder for me to make art. Mainly because of time and other commitments but also because I keep feeling less and less motivated. With every person that turns down a piece of art from me I lose a little more hope. Is my art even good? Will I ever make a difference in this cause? The truth is I don't know how much more successful Art for RO will be but I do know that I am a freshman in high school and I was able to raise over $200 just by selling my art and that is something to be proud of. Today a hummingbird was flying outside my window and it stayed there for a really long time. I was too mesmerized to take a picture but it made me feel Ro with me and inspire me to keep trying to help these kiddos who need us to speak out for them. 3% is ridiculous.

Next lets talk about Taylor. She makes me so happy and I couldn't be more thankful to her. Not only does she spread love and joy everywhere she goes, but without her I wouldn't be making art for Ronan because I would've never learned about Ronan. Thank the universe for that girl, for endless reasons. I hope one day I can meet her. I am not Taylor's biggest fan, I know that. But that doesn't mean she doesn't mean a heck of a whole lot to me. I know she means a lot more to some people (mainly because I am extremely close to someone who loves her soooo much). I just know that she is extremely important to me, and one of the reasons is that person I just mentioned. Because her happiness means everything to me and Taylor makes her happy and I will never be able put into words how much that means to me. I need her and she needs Taylor, so I will forever be thankful to Taylor for that, as well as all that other awesome stuff she does. Never change Taylor, we all love you.

Newspaper. I just need to take a few moments to appreciate everything the lovely world of journalism has given me. I have never felt like I belong somewhere more. The newspaper has literally been my saving grace. It's been the one thing keeping me happy and motivated. I cannot wait for the next 3 years as part of this crazy, intelligent, lovely group of people. You all make me so happy. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. The J forever <3

I am turning 15 in less than 2 months and I am terrified, I just hope this birthday is better than my last. I get to go to New York very very soon and I am ecstatic!!!! Love love love that city. With that I say goodbye to you as I should've been asleep an hour ago.


Love always,
Emi at Art for RO <3

No comments:

Post a Comment